Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The top ten things children love most about their mothers

Most people would probably assume that, if asked what they wanted most from their parents, children would respond with things like toys and being able to do whatever they want. However when students from around the world were asked about what they remembered and loved most about their mothers while growing up, their answers were far different.

Most parents nowadays think that preoccupying their kids with sports, video games, television, and other things is a suitable replacement for proper parenting. Some think they are doing their kids a favor by not disciplining them, letting them do whatever they want, and trying to be their friend rather than their parent.

Here are the top ten responses about what children considered to be their favorite activities with their mothers:

1. Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
2. Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
3. Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters.
4. Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
5. At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
6. At night talk to me about anything: love, school, family, etc.
7. Let me play outside a lot.
8. Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
9. Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
10. Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.

(Source: Dr. Mercola)

5 comments:

Shevet said...

Nice.

veganmatty said...

You have some good information, politically and for health...and I respect you for this. But, but you are totally missing the mark on cancer in your naturalnews articles.

Why would you accept what Sloan Kettering say without question?

We are NOT growing Trees!!! There is no such thing as re-seeding.

Contrary to that theory, the truth is that the bodies DNA BUILDS Cancer cells; that is why it continues to happen even after surgery, because if you did not correct the instruction, then the instructions will still be incorrect. There is no seed that grows!

Biopsies become infected; stain and slide biopsy will not tell the difference between and infection and cancer. Biopsies don't LEAD to cancer like you claim in your article; they simply become infected and misdiagnosed as cancer.

Watch my video to learn how the Body builds cancer cells, and how to correct it - see http://bit.ly/howminw1 & http://www.GratitudeHealing.info

I could not find a way to Private message you , so i had to leave this here.

Marisela said...

Sweet article! Not once in the "top ten" list did kids love electronics gifts mom gave or video game playing or getting to do whatever they want, but the simple things, like talking, cuddling, and even discipline.

So sweet!

Nice blog~!

笨蛋 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

suelov said...

Dear Mr. Huff,
This is a response not to this blogpost,but an article you wrote regarding BPA and sexual dysfunciton in men. Having been married to an awesome man for close to 23 years. We have been incompatible in that my libido is quadruple plus his. Went 2 years once without, much to my suffering.. In March we went plastic free and all organic beginning in April a completly new sexual relationship began with my husband and has not stopped... more in the last 5 months than in the last 20 years???!!! I am totally blown away. I realize now that I am not a deviant and he is actually attracted to me... we are closer than ever, despite 10 kids and 3 grandkids. I think the BPA's were a big part of the problem. I mentioned this to my pediatrician and she agreed. Thank you for your article, just living the truth of it here! WOW!